Beside of our commitment to provide you and your pets with excellent service and medical care, we also provide for your pet the latest diagnostic technology. After performing a thorough comprehensive examination, diagnostic tests may be required in order to identify the underlying cause of your pet’s health problem.
Understanding Your Pet’s Diagnostic Testing
It is our policy to review any recommended diagnostic tests with you before they are performed, as well as discuss all the available treatment options for your pet. To better understand your pet’s diagnostic testing please click here.
If you would like more information about veterinary diagnostic services at Cahuenga Pet Hospital, please call us 323-462-0660.
Diagnostic services available in-house include:
- Cytology – for cellular assessment of lumps, ears, skin
- Fecal exams – to look for intestinal parasites
- Blood work – to assess organ function and to identify diseases
- Urinalysis – to detect problems such as urinary-tract infections and kidney disease
- Blood Pressure – part of the circulatory system assessment
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) – records any abnormalities with the electrical activity of the heart
- Digital x-ray – captures images of bones, organs, joints, and soft tissue.
- Digital dental x-ray – gains an overall picture of oral health, especially below the gum line
- Ultrasound – can provided a more detailed assessment of organs and their surroundings
We also work closely with several reference laboratories for specialized testing. Our send out diagnostics include:
- Biopsy – for tissue identification
- Blood work – blood can be sent out to gain a more specialized assessment of certain body functions
- Urinalysis – urine can also be sent out to gain a more detailed picture of the urinary system
- Endocrine studies – tests for Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, and diabetes
- Stone analysis – examines what a bladder stone is composed of
- Allergy testing – to identify sensitivities to allergens
- And more…